South Dakota Paycheck Calculator
Calculate your take home pay after federal & South Dakota taxes
Updated for tax year 2022
Paycheck calculators by state
South Dakota state income tax
South Dakota has a population of under 1 million (2019) and is home to Mount Rushmore and the Badland. The median household income is $56,894 (2017).
- zero income tax rate
- no state-level payroll tax
- no standard deductions and exemptions
South Dakota tax year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the tax year 2021 will start from July 01 2020 to June 30 2021.
Calculating your South Dakota state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- minus any additional tax withholdings [Total annual income – (Tax liability + All deductions + Withholdings) = Your annual paycheck]
State payroll tax
There is no state-level payroll tax.
Income tax brackets
No need to pay any state-level income tax.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for standard deductions.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for exemptions.
What taxes do South Dakotan pay?
Zero state-level income tax. All they need to pay is the federal income taxes!
How much do you make after taxes in South Dakota?
A single filer making $57,000 yearly will take home $47,112 after taxes.
For a married couple with a combined annual salary of $114,000, the take home pay is $94,224.