Texas Paycheck Calculator
Calculate your take home pay after federal & Texas taxes
Updated for 2022 tax year on Aug 02 2022
Paycheck calculators by state
Texas state income tax
Texas has a population of over 28 million (2020) and is the second largest US state. The median household income is $59,206 (2017).
Brief summary of Texas state income tax:
- zero state income tax
- no state payroll tax
- no state-level standard deductions and exemptions
Texas tax year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the tax year 2021 will start from July 01 2020 to June 30 2021.
Calculating your Texas state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- minus any additional tax withholdings [Total annual income – (Tax liability + All deductions + Withholdings) = Your annual paycheck]
State payroll tax
There is no state-level payroll tax.
Income tax brackets
No need to pay any state-level income tax.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for standard deductions.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for exemptions.
What taxes do Texan pay?
There is no state-level tax in Texas. Residents only need to pay federal tax.
How much do you make after taxes in Texas?
For a single filer who earns $59,000 per annual, the total take home pay is $48,738.50.
For a married couple with a combined income of $118,000 per annual, the total take home pay is $97,477.