Nevada Paycheck Calculator
Calculate your take home pay after federal & Nevada taxes
Updated for 2022 tax year on Aug 02 2022
Paycheck calculators by state
Nevada state income tax
Nevada has a population of over 3 million (2019) and is know as the gambling and entertainment capital of the United States. The median household income is $58,003 (2017).
- zero income tax
- zero payroll tax
- no standard deductions and exemptions
- only need to pay federal income tax
Nevada tax year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the tax year 2022 will start from July 01 2021 to June 30 2022.
Calculating your Nevada state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- minus any additional tax withholdings [Total annual income – (Tax liability + All deductions + Withholdings) = Your annual paycheck]
State payroll tax
There is no state-level payroll tax.
Income tax brackets
No need to pay any state-level income tax.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for standard deductions.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for exemptions.
What taxes do Nevadan pay?
There is no state-level income tax. All you need to pay is the federal income tax.
How much do you make after taxes in Nevada?
Residents of Nevada only need to pay the federal income tax. A single filer with a annual salary of $58,000 will take home $48,035 after taxes.
A married couple with a combined annual income of $116,000 will take home $96,070.