Alaska Paycheck Calculator
Calculate your take home pay after federal & Alaska taxes
Last updated on Aug 24 2021
Calculation not correct? Request new features?
Paycheck calculators by state
Alaska state income tax
- zero income tax rate ranges
- 0.5% State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) up to $43,600 taxable wage
- no standard deductions and exemptions
- no state-level tax credits
Alaska fiscal year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the fiscal year 2021 will start from July 01 2020 to June 30 2021.
Calculating your Alaska state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- determine whether your tax liability is more than your tax credits and withheld
- Tax liability – (Credits + Withheld) = What you owe or
- (Credits + Withheld) – Tax liability = Tax refunds
State payroll tax
|Fiscal year||Tax name||Percent of taxable wage||Up to taxable wage|
|2021||State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)||0.50%||$43,600|
|2020||State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)||0.50%||$41,500|
Income tax brackets
There is no income tax in Alaska.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for standard deductions.
Since there is no income tax, there is no need for exemptions.
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Alaska doesn’t have a state-level EITC.
Child Tax Credit (CTC)
Maryland doesn’t have a Child Tax Credit.
What taxes do Alaskan pay?
Since there is no state-level income tax, Alaskans only need to pay 0.5% State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) payroll tax up to $41,500 taxable wage.
How much do you make after taxes in Alaska?
If you are a married couple making $146,000 annually, your take home pay after taxes will be $116,716.40.
For a single filer with an annual wage of $73,000, the take home pay will be $58,150.