Calculate your take home pay after federal & Pennsylvania taxes
Last updated on Jul 20 2021
Paycheck calculators by state 🇺🇸
Pennsylvania state income tax
- the income tax is a flat rate of 3.07%
- local income tax for various cities ranging from (0.5% to 3.6%)
- subject to State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) of 0.06%
- no standard deduction and exemption
- no additional state-level tax credits
Pennsylvania fiscal year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the fiscal year 2021 will start from July 01 2020 to June 30 2021.
Calculating your Pennsylvania state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- determine whether your tax liability is more than your tax credits and withheld
- Tax liability – (Credits + Withheld) = What you owe or
- (Credits + Withheld) – Tax liability = Tax refunds
State payroll tax
|Fiscal year||Tax name||Percent of taxable wage|
|State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)||0.06%|
Income tax brackets
Refer to Tax Foundation for more details.
|Fiscal year||Filing status||Taxable income||Rate|
Married, Filing Jointly or Widow(er)
Married, Filing Separately
Head of Household
Local income tax
Based on local earned income.
There is no state-level standard deductions.
There is no state-level exemptions.
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
There is no state-level EITC.
Child Tax Credit (CTC)
There is no state-level CTC.
What taxes do Pennsylvanian pay?
Beside the income tax (flat rate of 3.07, there is a local income tax for various cities ranging from (0.5% to 3.6%). There is also a payroll tax of 0.06%.
How much do you make after taxes in Pennsylvania?
If you are a single filer living in Philadelphia and earn $59,000 per year, your take home pay will be $44,980.79.
If you are a married couple with a combined annual income of $118,000, your take home pay is $89,961.58.