Pennsylvania Paycheck Calculator
Calculate your take home pay after federal & Pennsylvania taxes
Updated for 2022 tax year on Aug 02 2022
Paycheck calculators by state
Pennsylvania state income tax
Pennsylvania state has a population of over 12 million (2019). Its largest city is Philadelphia and is also where Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution, and the Gettysburg Address were written. The median household income is $59,195 (2017).
- the income tax is a flat rate of 3.07%
- local income tax for various cities
- subject to State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) of 0.06%
- no standard deduction and exemption
Pennsylvania tax year starts from July 01 the year before to June 30 the current year. So the tax year 2022 will start from July 01 2021 to June 30 2022.
Calculating your Pennsylvania state income tax is similar to the steps we listed on our Federal paycheck calculator:
- figure out your filing status
- work out your adjusted gross income [Total annual income – Adjustments = Adjusted gross income]
- calculate your taxable income [Adjusted gross income – (Post-tax deductions + Exemptions) = Taxable income]
- understand your tax liability [Taxable income × Tax rate = Tax liability]
- minus any additional tax withholdings [Total annual income – (Tax liability + All deductions + Withholdings) = Your annual paycheck]
State payroll tax
|Tax year||Tax name||Percent of taxable wage|
|State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)||0.06%|
Income tax brackets
Refer to Tax Foundation for more details.
|Tax year||Filing status||Taxable income||Rate|
Married, Filing Jointly or Widow(er)
Married, Filing Separately
Head of Household
Local income tax
Based on local earned income.
There is no state-level standard deductions.
There is no state-level exemptions.
What taxes do Pennsylvanian pay?
Beside the income tax (flat rate of 3.07, there is a local income tax for various cities. There is also a payroll tax of 0.06%.
How much do you make after taxes in Pennsylvania?
If you are a single filer living in Philadelphia and earn $59,000 per year, your take home pay will be $44,626.32.
If you are a married couple with a combined annual income of $118,000, your take home pay is $89,252.64.